PO Box 1027
Millbrook, AL 36054
|Outlook Academy is a hands-off church school. Because we believe that parents are best suited to direct the education of their children, Outlook Academy asks only for what the law requires while also offering support for your personal choices. We respect your privacy, as well as your right to homeschool your children unencumbered by restrictions.
In a manner that honors Jesus Christ, we seek to:
~Provide legal covering, support and encouragement for home schooling families in Alabama, regardless of religious affiliation, in the most efficient and convenient manner;
~Keep members informed of any pertinent home school legal issues and current events such as seminars and conferences; and
~Promote positive public awareness of home education.
1. God has given parents the ultimate responsibility for the education of their children.
2. Parents are equipped and capable to teach and train their children.
3. Home education is an appealing alternative to classroom instruction due to:
~Regular reinforcement of academic lessons
~Low teacher/student ratio
~Instant child-to-parent feedback
~Curriculum integrated into other aspects of life
~Fewer distractions at home
~Safe and nurturing environment for learning at home
~Economy of time
4. Home education encourages better character development because it:
~Imparts parental values
~Reduces risk of peer dependency
~Encourages relationships between all age groups
~Encourages independent thinking and problem-solving
~Avoids destructive competition
~Promotes positive socialization
~Permits a fuller and richer interaction with the community
~Nourishes closer family and sibling relationships
~Provides time to follow their own interests as well as to think, observe, imagine and get to know themselves
5. Children do not belong to the state. The right of the parents to educate their children as they see fit is protected by the Constitution of the United States.